The Self-Cleaning system cleans grease from the plenum and portion of the duct with the daily hot water spray cycle. Surfactant is used as part of the spray cycle to increase the cleaning effectiveness.
CaptiveAire | Self-Cleaning Hood
- Fully automatic operation
- Hood fabricated from 100% Stainless Steel
- Drip-less nozzles with internal strainer
- Easily serviceable
- Adjustable wash duration (factory set at 3 minutes)
- 3/4", 1", 1.5" NPT Pipe Water Inlet connection
- 1 1/2" NPT Pipe Water Drain connection
- Standard riser spray nozzle for duct cleaning
- Water usage is 0.70 GPM per foot of hood length
- Upgrade to the CORE Fire System available
- High Efficiency Grease Filtration
Hot Water Option
The Hot Water option automatically cleans the hood plenum after the cooking operations are completed for the day or via schedule. By washing the plenum while the hood is hot, the effectiveness of the cleaning increases. For a standard application, surfactant will be injected into the wash for one second, every one minute of the cycle. The wash time, the surfactant injection interval, and the surfactant duration is adjusted to meet the needs of every application.